How to Watch the Twins vs. Blue Jays Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for AL Wild Card Game 2
The AL Wild Card Series rolls on Wednesday at 4:38 PM ET when the Minnesota Twins host the Toronto Blue Jays live on ESPN from Target Field. The Twins will look to move on to the ALDS while the Blue Jays hope to extend the series with a win. Sonny Gray will take the mound first for the Twins, while the Blue Jays will counter with Jose Berrios.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this matchup and make sure you don't miss any of the action all season long!
Twins vs. Blue Jays Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
- Time: 4:38 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Venue: Target Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Discover More About This Game
Twins Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Twins average 1.4 home runs per game to rank third in baseball with 233 total home runs.
- Minnesota ranks seventh in baseball with a .427 slugging percentage.
- The Twins' .243 batting average ranks 21st in the majors.
- Minnesota scores the 10th-most runs in baseball (778 total, 4.8 per game).
- The Twins rank 12th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .325.
- Twins hitters strike out 10.2 times per game, the most in the majors.
- The 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings put together by Minnesota's pitching staff leads the majors.
- Minnesota has the fifth-ranked team ERA across all MLB pitching staffs (3.87).
- The Twins have the fourth-lowest WHIP in the majors (1.197).
Blue Jays Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Blue Jays have hit 188 homers this season, which ranks 16th in the league.
- Fueled by 499 extra-base hits, Toronto ranks 13th in MLB with a .416 slugging percentage this season.
- The Blue Jays have a team batting average of .256 this season, which ranks eighth among MLB teams.
- Toronto has scored 746 runs (4.6 per game) this season, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- The Blue Jays have an on-base percentage of .329 this season, which ranks seventh in the league.
- The Blue Jays rank seventh in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of eight whiffs per contest.
- Toronto strikes out 9.5 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, second-best in MLB.
- Toronto has the fourth-best ERA (3.82) in the majors this season.
- The Blue Jays have a combined WHIP of just 1.251 as a pitching staff, which is the 10th-best in baseball this season.
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher
- Gray (8-8 with a 2.74 ERA and 183 strikeouts in 184 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Twins, his 33rd of the season.
- The right-hander last appeared on Thursday against the Oakland Athletics, when he went four innings, allowing one earned run while giving up three hits.
- Gray enters this game with 17 quality starts under his belt this season.
- Gray has pitched five or more innings in a game 28 times this year heading into this game.
- He has had seven appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher
- Berrios (11-12) will take the mound for the Blue Jays, his 33rd start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in six innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the New York Yankees.
- In 32 starts this season, he's earned 15 quality starts.
- Berrios has pitched five or more innings in eight straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has six appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 32 chances this season.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Twins Starter||Opponent Starter|
|9/28/2023||Athletics||L 2-1||Home||Sonny Gray||Luis Medina|
|9/29/2023||Rockies||W 7-6||Away||Joe Ryan||Ty Blach|
|9/30/2023||Rockies||W 14-6||Away||Emilio Pagán||Matt Koch|
|10/1/2023||Rockies||L 3-2||Away||Bailey Ober||Brent Suter|
|10/3/2023||Blue Jays||W 3-1||Home||Pablo Lopez||Kevin Gausman|
|10/4/2023||Blue Jays||-||Home||Sonny Gray||José Berríos|
Blue Jays Schedule
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Blue Jays Starter||Opponent Starter|
|9/28/2023||Yankees||W 6-0||Home||Chris Bassitt||Luke Weaver|
|9/29/2023||Rays||W 11-4||Home||Yusei Kikuchi||Aaron Civale|
|9/30/2023||Rays||L 7-5||Home||Hyun-Jin Ryu||Shawn Armstrong|
|10/1/2023||Rays||L 12-8||Home||Wes Parsons||Jacob Lopez|
|10/3/2023||Twins||L 3-1||Away||Kevin Gausman||Pablo Lopez|
|10/4/2023||Twins||-||Away||José Berríos||Sonny Gray|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.