Braves vs. Phillies Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 18
Ronald Acuna Jr. will try to notch his 100th RBI of the year (he has 98) when the Atlanta Braves (96-53) play the Philadelphia Phillies (81-68) at 7:20 PM ET on Monday.
The Braves will look to Kyle Wright (0-2) against the Phillies and Zack Wheeler (11-6).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Phillies Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Time: 7:20 PM ET
- TV: BSSO
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Venue: Truist Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Wright - ATL (0-2, 7.48 ERA) vs Wheeler - PHI (11-6, 3.65 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Phillies Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Phillies Odds|
|Braves vs Phillies Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Phillies|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Kyle Wright
- The Braves will hand the ball to Wright (0-2) for his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up six earned runs in three innings pitched on Monday, Sept. 11 in his last outing, a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in six games this season with a 7.48 ERA and 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .309.
- In six starts this season, Wright has not yet earned a quality start.
- In six starts, Wright has pitched through or past the fifth inning two times. He has a season average of 3.5 frames per outing.
- In six appearances this season, he has finished one without allowing an earned run.
Kyle Wright vs. Phillies
- The Phillies have scored 730 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB. They have 1324 hits, fifth in baseball, with 198 home runs (10th in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Phillies to go 6-for-14 with a double, a triple and six RBI in three innings this season.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zack Wheeler
- Wheeler gets the start for the Phillies, his 30th of the season. He is 11-6 with a 3.65 ERA and 196 strikeouts through 175 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Tuesday against the Atlanta Braves, the righty tossed five innings, allowing six earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- The 33-year-old has a 3.65 ERA and 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings during 29 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .227 to his opponents.
- Wheeler is trying to collect his 20th quality start of the year in this game.
- Wheeler is trying for his 18th straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages six innings per start.
- In five of his 29 total appearances this season he has not allowed an earned run.
- The 33-year-old's 3.65 ERA ranks 20th, 1.069 WHIP ranks seventh, and 10.1 K/9 ranks 10th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Zack Wheeler vs. Braves
- He meets a Braves offense that ranks first in the league with 865 total runs scored while batting .275 as a unit. His opponent has a collective .502 slugging percentage (first in MLB play) and has hit a total of 288 home runs (first in the league).
- Wheeler has pitched 13 innings, giving up six earned runs on 10 hits while striking out 16 against the Braves this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.