San Diego State vs. Furman Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Saturday's game that pits the San Diego State Aztecs (28-6) against the Furman Paladins (28-7) at Amway Center has a projected final score of 76-67 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of San Diego State, who is the favorite in this matchup by our model. Tipoff is at 12:10 PM ET on March 18.
Based on our computer prediction, San Diego State projects to cover the 5.5-point spread in its matchup versus Furman. The total is currently listed at 137.5, and the two sides are projected to exceed it.
San Diego State vs. Furman Game Info & Odds
- Date: Saturday, March 18, 2023
- Time: 12:10 PM ET
- TV: CBS
- Where: Orlando, Florida
- Venue: Amway Center
- Line: San Diego State -5.5
- Point Total: 137.5
- Moneyline (To Win): San Diego State -250, Furman +200
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
San Diego State vs. Furman Score Prediction
- Prediction: San Diego State 76, Furman 67
Spread & Total Prediction for San Diego State vs. Furman
- Pick ATS:
San Diego State (-5.5)
- Pick OU:
San Diego State has put together a 16-15-0 record against the spread this season, while Furman is 19-11-0. The Aztecs have a 13-18-0 record going over the point total, while games involving the Paladins have a record of 17-13-0 when it comes to hitting the over. The two teams score 153.5 points per game, 16.0 more points than this matchup's total. San Diego State is 6-4 against the spread and 9-1 overall in its last 10 contests, while Furman has gone 6-4 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
San Diego State Performance Insights
- The Aztecs' +285 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 8.4 points per game) is a result of scoring 71.8 points per game (179th in college basketball) while allowing 63.4 per contest (28th in college basketball).
- San Diego State prevails in the rebound battle by an average of 4.9 boards. It is pulling down 33.0 rebounds per game (100th in college basketball) compared to its opponents' 28.1 per contest.
- San Diego State hits 7.1 three-pointers per game (212th in college basketball), while its opponents have made 6.4 on average.
- The Aztecs average 96.2 points per 100 possessions on offense (115th in college basketball), and give up 85.0 points per 100 possessions (31st in college basketball).
- San Diego State has come up on top in the turnover battle by 1.2 turnovers per game, committing 11.0 (96th in college basketball action) while forcing 12.2 (158th in college basketball).
Furman Performance Insights
- The Paladins' +371 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 10.6 points per game) is a result of putting up 81.7 points per game (ninth in college basketball) while giving up 71.1 per outing (212th in college basketball).
- Furman wins the rebound battle by 2.6 boards on average. It records 32.8 rebounds per game, 112th in college basketball, while its opponents pull down 30.2.
- Furman makes 9.5 three-pointers per game (19th in college basketball), 2.8 more than its opponents.
- Furman has committed 10.7 turnovers per game (60th in college basketball), 1.4 fewer than the 12.1 it forces (162nd in college basketball).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.