San Diego State vs. Charleston (SC) Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament First Round
Thursday's contest features the San Diego State Aztecs (27-6) and the Charleston (SC) Cougars (31-3) clashing at Amway Center (on March 16) at 3:10 PM ET. This matchup, according to our computer prediction, will result in a 74-68 victory for San Diego State.
According to our computer prediction, San Diego State should cover the point spread, which is currently listed at 5.5. The two teams are projected to fall short of the 141.5 total.
San Diego State vs. Charleston (SC) Game Info & Odds
- Date: Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Time: 3:10 PM ET
- TV: truTV
- Where: Orlando, Florida
- Venue: Amway Center
- Line: San Diego State -5.5
- Point Total: 141.5
- Moneyline (To Win): San Diego State -225, Charleston (SC) +185
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
San Diego State vs. Charleston (SC) Score Prediction
- Prediction: San Diego State 74, Charleston (SC) 68
Spread & Total Prediction for San Diego State vs. Charleston (SC)
- Pick ATS:
San Diego State (-5.5)
- Pick OU:
San Diego State is 15-15-0 against the spread this season compared to Charleston (SC)'s 18-12-0 ATS record. Both the Aztecs and the Cougars are 13-17-0 in terms of going over the point total in their games this season. The two teams average 152.9 points per game, 11.4 more points than this matchup's total. In the last 10 contests, San Diego State has a 6-4 record against the spread while going 9-1 overall. Charleston (SC) has gone 7-3 against the spread and 10-0 overall in its last 10 matches.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
San Diego State Performance Insights
- The Aztecs outscore opponents by 8.5 points per game (scoring 72.1 points per game to rank 170th in college basketball while allowing 63.6 per outing to rank 28th in college basketball) and have a +279 scoring differential overall.
- San Diego State grabs 32.8 rebounds per game (112th in college basketball) while allowing 28 per outing to its opponents. It outrebounds opponents by 4.8 boards per game.
- San Diego State hits 7.2 three-pointers per game (201st in college basketball) at a 35.3% rate (115th in college basketball), compared to the 6.4 its opponents make while shooting 29.3% from deep.
- The Aztecs' 96.6 points per 100 possessions on offense rank 110th in college basketball, and the 85.3 points they allow per 100 possessions rank 38th in college basketball.
- San Diego State wins the turnover battle by 1.4 per game, committing 10.9 (82nd in college basketball) while its opponents average 12.3.
Charleston (SC) Performance Insights
- The Cougars have a +457 scoring differential, topping opponents by 13.4 points per game. They're putting up 80.8 points per game, 14th in college basketball, and are giving up 67.4 per outing to rank 98th in college basketball.
- Charleston (SC) wins the rebound battle by 7.5 boards on average. It collects 37.4 rebounds per game, third in college basketball, while its opponents pull down 29.9.
- Charleston (SC) connects on 10.1 three-pointers per game (ninth-most in college basketball) while shooting 33.4% from beyond the arc (222nd in college basketball). It is making 4.2 more threes than its opponents, who drain 5.9 per game at 30.7%.
- Charleston (SC) has committed 11.7 turnovers per game (158th in college basketball), 1.7 fewer than the 13.4 it forces (75th in college basketball).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.