Furman vs. Virginia Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament First Round
Thursday's game that pits the Virginia Cavaliers (25-7) versus the Furman Paladins (27-7) at Amway Center has a projected final score of 73-67 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of Virginia, who is the favorite in this matchup by our model. Game time is at 12:40 PM ET on March 16.
Based on our computer prediction, Virginia should cover the spread, which is currently listed at 5.5. The two teams are projected to go over the 131.5 total.
Furman vs. Virginia Game Info & Odds
- Date: Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Time: 12:40 PM ET
- TV: truTV
- Where: Orlando, Florida
- Venue: Amway Center
- Line: Virginia -5.5
- Point Total: 131.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Virginia -250, Furman +200
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Furman vs. Virginia Score Prediction
- Prediction: Virginia 73, Furman 67
Spread & Total Prediction for Furman vs. Virginia
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU:
Virginia is 12-17-0 against the spread this season compared to Furman's 18-11-0 ATS record. The Cavaliers are 14-15-0 and the Paladins are 16-13-0 in terms of hitting the over. The two teams score 149.9 points per game, 18.4 more points than this matchup's total. In the past 10 games, Virginia has a 4-6 record against the spread while going 7-3 overall. Furman has gone 6-4 against the spread and 9-1 overall in its last 10 matches.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Furman Performance Insights
- The Paladins put up 82.1 points per game (seventh in college basketball) while allowing 71.2 per outing (214th in college basketball). They have a +370 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 10.9 points per game.
- Furman wins the rebound battle by 2.9 boards on average. It records 33 rebounds per game, 99th in college basketball, while its opponents pull down 30.1.
- Furman makes 9.5 three-pointers per game (19th in college basketball), 2.6 more than its opponents.
- Furman has come up on top in the turnover battle by 1.5 per game, committing 10.7 (59th in college basketball) while forcing 12.2 (163rd in college basketball).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.