Friday, May 15, 2020
AIKEN, S.C. (WRDW/WAGT) -- Registration has begun for city of Aiken summer day camps for 5- to 12-year-olds.
Register online at http://www.cityofaikensc.gov/prtregistration or in person by appointment only. If you would like to set up an online account or prefer to make an appointment to register in person, call 803-642-7631 or 803-642-7634 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Space is limited.
Camp sessions will incorporate arts and crafts, exercise, sports, games and water activities, and will be be offered in weekly sessions June 8 through Aug. 14 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No camp will be held July 3, a Friday, and dates are subject to change.
The Summer Fun Day Camp will be held at Smith-Hazel Recreation Center, 400 Kershaw St. NE, and the Summer Adventures Day Camp will be at the Odell Weeks Activities Center, 1700 Whiskey Road.
To keep campers and staff members safe from coronavirus infection:
• There will be smaller static groups with no mingling.
• There will be daily health screenings of staff members and campers before they enter the building.
• Facilities will be closed to the general public.
• There will be no field trips.
• There will be enhanced cleaning measures.
• There will be additional training on proper personal protection, healthy habits and sanitation.
• There will be increased signage and educational materials about hand washing, COVID-19 symtoms and ways to halt the spread of coronavirus.
• Food will be served at satellite locations, kids will be kept 6 feet apart and the staff will not eat while campers are eating
For pricing, session dates and other information, call the H. Odell Weeks Activities Center at 803-642-7631 or Smith-Hazel Recreation Center at 803-642-7634. You can also visit the City of Aiken Parks, Recreation, & Tourism Facebook page.
Copyright 2020 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.