The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring WRDW/WAGT’s on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials.
Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for the web channel.
- Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for WRDW.
- Work with Ross Overdrive automation, production video switcher, master control video switcher, Harris automation, VizRT graphics, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, satellite operation, program ingesting/segmenting, and a working knowledge of web production.
- Understanding of FCC program and transmitter logs, and all FCC broadcast regulations.
- Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
- Assist Production Manager in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
- Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations
- Commanding knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques
- Must be able to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
- Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits.
Send cover letter (including referral source; website, TVjobs.com, a school, etc.; a must) and resume to:
Human Resource Officer, WRDW-TV
P.O. Box 1212
Augusta, GA 30903-1212
Or e-mail HumanResourceOfficer@wrdw.com
WRDW-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Pre-Employment Drug Screening Required. No Phone Calls Please.