WRDW-WAGT in Augusta, Georgia, "The Garden City" is looking for a dynamic producer for its award winning news department. Our producers create, lead and organize content for newscasts in a competitive and growing market utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and organizing a newscast
- Writing, story development and showcasing
- Working closely with news managers and assignment editor in determining content needs enhancing content with graphics, video research, and station branding making time sensitive decisions
- Writing clearly for multiple platforms on tight deadlines
- Demonstrating creativity and strong editorial judgment while following journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Occasionally editing video for multiple platforms
- Performing other duties as assigned
- At minimum, a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field.
- Be a self-starter, with knowledge of and ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment.
Send cover letter (including referral source; i.e., website, school, etc. a must), references, resume and link to work to: www.gray.tv/applynow or Human Resource Officer, WRDW-TV, P.O. Box 1212, Augusta, GA 30903-1212 or fax 803-278-2010 or e-mail HumanResourceOfficer@wrdw.com. WRDW-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Participates in E-Verify. Pre-Employment Drug Screening Required. No Phone Calls Please.