WRDW/WAGT has an immediate opening for a part-time Video Editor.
Applicant should have degree, or working toward a degree, in the field of television production or comparable experience in areas of live TV production as well as non-linear editing. Applicant must be able to operate with minimal mistakes in live, high-energy newsroom environment.
Essential job duties, responsibilities, and expectations include:
- Edit video for morning newscast
- Attention to detail for identifying compelling video and matching script with video
- Have an understanding for audio levels and its contribution to video
- Knowledge of non-linear editing software
- Knowledge of Edius editing software and Avid NCS software a bonus
- Work closely with newscast producers to select correct video and audio
- Ability to produce quality results under newscast deadlines
Applicant needs to be dependable, willing and able to work weekday mornings from 3AM-8:45AM, and have proven ability to work well with others.
Send cover letter (including referral source; website, school, etc. a must) and resume to: www.gray.tv/applynow or Human Resource Officer, WRDW-TV, P.O. Box 1212, Augusta, GA 30903-1212; or e-mail HumanResourceOfficer@wrdw.com. WRDW-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Pre-Employment Drug Screening Required. No Phone Calls Please.