The Part Time Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for monitoring WRDW/WAGT’s on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, ingesting daily programming and commercials, and assisting with live or pre-recorded productions, Regular assignments will involve running Master Control on the weekends, helping with newscast production and other misc. station productions..
We’re seeking someone part time to work in news operation or in a live broadcast environment. A high school diploma or GED is required as well as a driver’s license with a clean driving record. Some college or vocational schooling is also required.
· Coordinate live and recorded programming for broadcast
· Maintaining on air operation to include running commercials, network and local programming
· Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals
· Operate Harris Automation equipment
· Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures
· Observing transmitters and taking readings as necessary
· Maintains program logs and reports discrepancies
· Executes, edits, updates, and appends playlists
· Acquires content from various distributors
· Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
· Assist Production Manager in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
· Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
· Other Duties as Assigned
· Computer literacy is mandatory
· Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Operating knowledge of PC’s and graphics computers.
· Applicant must be able to multi-task
· Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
· Pre-employment drug screening.
Apply to www.gray.tv/applywww.gray.tv/applynow or send cover letter (including referral source; i.e., website, school, etc.), references, resume, link to work to: Human Resource Officer, WRDW-TV, P.O. Box 1212, Augusta, GA 30903-1212 or e-mail HumanResourceOfficer@wrdw.com. WRDW-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Pre-Employment Drug Screening and Good Driving Required. No phone Calls.