WRDW-WAGT Augusta, Georgia, is looking for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced and creative environment. Our Digital Content Producers work closely with news managers, broadcast producers, reporters, anchors, meteorologists, photojournalists and MMJs to consistently create and showcase original content, as well as cull quality video, images, texts, and sound for all digital platforms to include wrdw.com, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. DCPs should function with the focus of engaging audiences on all devices whenever, wherever.
- Monitoring, researching, and tracking trending local and non-local news and information.
Creating and integrating original and multi-platform elements and information.
Generating web traffic by understanding and utilizing best practices for web, app, push notifications, and social media.
- Attending news meetings, prepared and knowledgeable to contribute to daily editorial discussions, to create and enhance local stories on digital platforms.
- Writing and producing breaking news stories.
- Launching live streams for various digital platforms.
- Demonstrated high journalistic understanding and standards.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly on multiple platforms under tight deadlines.
- Excellent skills in time management, attention to detail and accuracy.
Willingness and ability to work well independently or with a team.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule that will include early mornings, nights, and holiday shifts.
- Understanding of CrowdTangle, Google Analytics, and SEO best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or related field or equivalent experience.
Send cover letter (including referral source; i.e., website, school, etc. a must), references, resume and link to work to:
Human Resource Officer, WRDW-TV
P.O. Box 1212
Augusta, GA 30903-1212
Or e-mail HumanResourceOfficer@wrdw.com
Screening Required. No Phone Calls Please.
WRDW-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Participates in E-Verify. Pre-Employment Drug Screening.