WRDW-TV has immediate opening for Digital Content Executive Producer to join our winning news team. This is not an entry level position. Qualified applicants must be proficient in AP style, writing for web, and experienced in handling social media accounts for a newsroom. Candidates must be able to grow and engage our digital audience. Innovation is a must.
• Oversee all content on wrdw.com, mobile app, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and additional platforms that arise.
• Supervise daily work of digital content producers and contributing on-air staff
• Daily monitor web analytics to evaluate and evolve user experience, growth and engagement
• Engage and attract online audience by promoting digital content that pushes online audience to on-air newscasts.
• Work with news management to set up processes and workflow to get information, video, audio, photos, and graphics from the newsroom and the field crews to all digital platforms.
• Set newsroom staff expectations and hold teams accountable for meeting goals
• Plan online coverage of major news events, breaking news and severe weather.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed
• BS/BA in related discipline
• 1 plus years' experience producing and managing online content
• Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced news environment
• Ability to serve and contribute as a member of the newsroom management team
• Ability to communicate clearly and be a the driver of digital initiatives
• Must understand basic journalism legal principles
• Must be able to multitask, meet deadlines and work under pressure
• People and project leadership experience strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of online content-management systems
• Experience working with online metrics and analytics
The “Garden City” is a short drive to the beach or mountains and a nice place to live and work. Send cover letter, resume, and references to www.gray.tv/applynow or Human Resource Officer, WRDW-TV, P.O. Box 1212, Augusta, Georgia, 30903-1212. WRDW-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Pre-employment Drug Screening required. No phone calls please.