WRDW-WAGT, the award-winning television station in Augusta, Georgia, is expanding. We’re in search of a Chief Photographer.
This newsroom manager is charged with establishing the visual standards for our on-air product. S/He is an accomplished photographer, who understands the balance between the art of photography, and the day-to-day newsgathering demands. The Chief Photographer will be well versed in industry standards and emerging technology, and embrace both. S/he will maintain our fleet of vehicles and arsenal of ENG equipment. The Chief Photographer will coach other photographers and MMJs on advanced shooting and editing technique. S/He will work with storytellers, shooting and editing stories for daily newscasts.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be working with industry veterans with valuable market experience. You’ll also work with young talent eager to learn from you. WRDW-WAGT will be moving into a state of the art new facility in 2020. Augusta is a growing market with lots to do, a haven for fishing and water sports on the Savannah River, Augusta Canal, and Clarks Hill Lake. Jogging and cycling on popular trails also available.
• Collaborates with producers, managers, and engineers to fulfill content, staffing and technical needs for shows
• Ensures quality of video gathered in the field meets station expectations • Encourages MMJ’s & photographers to use new lighting and post-production editing techniques
• Maintains gear inventory and identifies needs for new equipment • Coordinates maintenance of news vehicle fleet
• Expertise in using TVU / Oncall technologies
• Travels for out-of-market and special coverage
• BS/BA in journalism or communications, computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
• A valid driver`s license, good driving record and proof of insurability
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a commercial newsroom
Apply to www.gray.tv/apply now or send cover letter (including referral source; i.e., website, school, etc.), references, resume, link to work to: Human Resource Officer, WRDW-TV, P.O. Box 1212, Augusta, GA 30903-1212 or e-mail HumanResourceOfficer@wrdw.com. WRDW-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Pre-Employment Drug Screening and Good Driving Required. No phone Calls.