Wednesday, July 27, 2016
AIKEN COUNTY, S.C. (WRDW/WAGT) -- If you live in Aiken County and your child is planning to ride the school bus, you'll need to pre-register.
Registration for school bus services can be made online at the District's website, by completing the registration form located under the "Transportation" tab.
You can also register students in person at your child's designated area transportation office Wednesday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. or Thursday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Where to Register:
- Special Needs Transportation Registration will be held at the District’s Transportation Office, 2457 Jefferson Davis, Hwy., Warrenville, 29851. Questions: Dottie Cooper, (803) 593-7130.
- Area 1 Elementary Schools (Aiken Elementary, J.D. Lever, North Aiken, Chukker Creek, East Aiken, Millbrook and Oakwood Windsor) will register for transportation in the cafeteria at Aiken High School, 449 Rutland Drive, Aiken, 29801. Questions: Sharon Harris, (803) 641-2507.
- Area 2 Elementary Schools (Belvedere Elementary, Hammond Hill Elementary, Mossy Creek and North Augusta Elementary) will register for transportation in the cafeteria at Paul Knox Middle School, 1804 Wells Road, North Augusta, 29841. Questions: Troy Toney (803) 442-6106.
- Area 3 Elementary Schools (Byrd, Clearwater, Gloverville, Jefferson and Warrenville) will register for transportation at Midland Valley High School, 227 Mustang Drive, Graniteville, 29829. Questions: Crystal Leaphart (803) 593-7103.
- Area 4 Elementary Schools (Busbee Elementary, Ridge Spring-Monetta Elementary) may register for transportation at Busbee Elementary, 10 AL Corbett Circle, Wagener, 29164, or at Ridge Spring-Monetta High School, 10 J P Kneese Drive, Monetta, 29105, Questions: Rashad Roland (803) 564-1103, (803) 685-2103.
- Area 5 Elementary Schools (Greendale and Redcliffe) will register at Silver Bluff High School, 64 DeSoto Drive, Aiken, 29803. Questions: Mrs. Felicia Trottie (803) 652-8102.
Parents and guardians of kindergarten, first, and second grade students must provide alternate caregiver information on the bus registration form in the event they are not able to be at the bus stop to receive their child.
If you need additional information regarding school bus transportation services, call your local transportation office or visit the District's website by clicking here.