Here's the plan for Georgia bars and nightclubs to reopen today
Monday, June 1, 2020
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) -- Today, Georgia bars and nightclubs are allowed to reopen after weeks of forced closure in an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
They’re the latest businesses being allowed to reopen as pandemic restrictions re gradually lifted in Georgia and across the country. Gov. Brian Kemp announced the reopenings last week even as he
Kemp has given 39 safety requirements for all bars and nightclubs to follow in order to reopen.
Here are some of the highlights:
• Employees will face temperature checks and health screenings.
• Inside customer totals will be limited to 25 people of 35% of capacity.
• Facilities must be thoroughly and regularly sanitized.
• Drinks may be served only to seated customers.
• Party sizes will be limited to six people.