Fire on Middleton Drive in Augusta
Saturday, January 25, 2020
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) -- Richmond County Dispatch confirms crews responded to a structure fire on the 3400 block of Middleton Drive.
They say the call for the fire came in at 4:41 p.m. According to Augusta Fire & EMA, the fire started from a heating lamp.
They say the family living at the home had been attempting to keep a nest of chicken eggs warm in a coop, which was placed alongside their home. The heating lamp tipped over and the hay inside the coop caught fire.
Augusta Fire & EMA says the fire quickly jumped from the coop to the house and caused severe damage along the side of the home. They say the family made it out safely and there are no reports of any injuries.
Officials say the family has been displaced due to the damage.