Advertisement

Coroner: 13-year-old electrocuted playing with a metal pole

(KNOE)
Published: Oct. 21, 2019 at 9:22 AM EDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina authorities say a 13-year-old boy was electrocuted when a metal pole he was playing with touched a power line.

News outlets report the Anderson County Coroner's Office says Brayden D. Williford was killed Sunday night while playing with a metal pole outside a friend's house. The office says the shock caused Williford to suffer a fatal heart attack.

Emergency responders attempted CPR, but Williford was pronounced dead at a medical center about an hour after the electrocution.

The coroner's office ruled the death accidental. An investigation is ongoing.

Latest News

Latest News