Saturday, Nov. 2, 2019
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) -- Richmond County dispatch says fire crews responded to a fire at the Burger King on Peach Orchard Road in Augusta.
They say the call came in at 8:15 p.m. Fire officials say a customer saw the flames coming through the roof and called 911.
Fire crews were able to quickly put out the flames. Officials say they believe it started from build up in the grease vent. They say most of the damage was contained to a small area inside the building.
Fire officials say there were no injuries. Burger King is closed for the rest of the night. There is no information yet on when it will open back up.