CSRA hospitals release latest COVID-19 numbers
Thursday, March 26, 2020
(WRDW/WAGT) -- COVID-19 cases in the CSRA continue to rise, according to the latest numbers from local hospitals.
As of 5 p.m. Thursday, University Hospital had collected 162 specimens for testing and received 54 results:
• 3 positive (outpatients)
• 1 positive (inpatient)
• 50 negative
• 33 inpatients awaiting test results
• 182 calls received at the hospital's Telehealth Live
Beginning at 5 a.m. Friday, the hospital will begin a "no visitors" policy with only a very few exceptions:
• The significant other or father of the baby accompanying a pregnant woman in labor.
• Two visitors for an hour for a patient confirmed to be at end of life.
• A visitor will only be allowed with an outpatient if they are needed for communication.
In the latest update, AU Health says it has confirmed 25 cases of the virus with 640 tests coming back negative.
Five hundred cases at the hospital remain pending.
Meanwhile, the hospital says it has screened 3,371 calls to the hotline and 3,988 telemedicine screenings.
Visits to AU's drive-thru have also eclipsed 1,000.
The hospital reports two positive cases of COVID-19.
The telehealth provider has completed 484 COVID-19 screenings online with more than 50 telemedicine visits and 28 screenings at the drive-thru site at Columbia County Exhibition Center.