No need to be alone: Here are some free Thanksgiving dinners
Published: Nov. 24, 2022 at 8:32 AM EST
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) - If you’re alone for Thanksgiving or can’t afford the fixings for a meal, there are some options.
Here’s a look at some community meals taking place:
- Master’s Table Soup Kitchen, 702 Fenwick St, Augusta, 11 a.m. to noon: Whether alone or with your family, everyone is welcome at the soup kitchen, which is open 365 days a year.
- One Table, Salvation Army headquarters, 322 Gayle Ave., Aiken, 11 a.m.: Held at a new location this year, the Thanksgiving dinner is open to the entire community. You are invited to bring a dish to share or just come as you are.
- Atomic City Café, 218 Main St. South, New Ellenton, 3-11 p.m.: Daphne Simpkins, owner of the café, is hosting her second annual free Thanksgiving dinner for anyone who doesn’t have a place to go. She’s also holding a coat and clothes drive for people in need.
- Working for Christ Ministries, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Graniteville-Vaucluse-Warrenville Fire Department, 200 Main St., Graniteville.
MORE HOLIDAY COVERAGE FROM NEWS 12:
- On Your Side: Last-minute Thanksgiving grocery shopping
- If you’re on the road this Thanksgiving, you won’t be alone
- Which stores are closed for Thanksgiving? Here’s the list
Copyright 2022 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.