Here are some local Halloween events for kids and adults to enjoy
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) - As Halloween gets closer, local businesses have begun to post events for the public before the holiday on the 31st. There are numerous events to celebrate this year in the area, make sure to check them out.
According to the Vivint team report, they gathered sunset data from the Almanac to work hard to help parents decide when their children should start trick-or-treating. Georgia will see the latest sunset on Halloween, most of the southeast can expect the sun to set closer to 7 p.m.
Law enforcement agencies are promising good treats.
The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office will hold a trick-or-treat drive-thru on Oct. 29 from 6-8 p.m. at 400 Walton Way, and the Aiken County Sheriff’s Office invites kids up to 12 from 3-5 p.m. Oct. 31 at 420 Hampton Ave.
Other events include:
- Grovetown Trunk or Treat- Oct. 28. 6-9 p.m. Liberty Park Activities Center, Grovetown
- WestoBOO! Bash- Oct. 28. 8:30-11:30 p.m. Old Academy of Richmond County
- Drive-Thru Trunk or Treat- Oct. 28. 5-8 p.m. East Central Health District
- Jack-O-Lantern Jubilee Theatre Movie Night- Oct. 28. 6:45 p.m. Ghostbusters
- Jack-O-Lantern Concert- Oct. 9 p.m. Sharon Jones Ampitheater
- Oct. 29. 10 a.m. Georgia Avenue, North Augusta
- Trick or Treat On Broad Street- Oct. 29. 5-7 p.m. Downtown Augusta
- Harvest Day, Stevens Creek Church South Augusta- Oct. 29. 5-7 p.m. Hayrides, inflatables, trunk-or-treat and more.
- Annual Trunk or Treat– Oct. 29. 11-1 p.m. Kroc Center
- Aiken Trunk-or-Treat- Oct. 29, 3-6 p.m., Citizens Park 1, 1060 Banks Mill Road
- Trick-or-Treat- Oct. 31. 9:45 a.m. Children’s Hospital of Georgia
- Applebee’s Kids Eat Free- Oct. 31.
If you’re looking for recommended neighborhoods to take your kids trick-or-treating, here are some suggested areas.
- Crawford Creek – Evans
- Ivy Falls – Grovetown
- Riverwood Plantation – Evans
- Goshen Plantation – Augusta
- Halloween Glow Paint Party- Oct. 28. 8-11 p.m. The Painted Lady Studio
- Halloween Spooktacular- Oct. 28. 8 p.m. Crowne Plaza
- Augusta Halloweekend Hangover Bar Crawl- Oct. 29. 4-10 p.m. Various Venues
- Black Cat Carnival- Oct. 29. 8-10 p.m. Le Chat Noir
- Nightmare on Broad Street- Oct. 29. 8p.m.- Oct. 30. 2 a.m. Downtown Augusta
- Mad Hatter Festival- Oct. 29. 1-9 p.m. Riverwatch Brewery
- Six Flags Fright Fest- Oct. 25-30. Six Flags over Georgia
For more information, go to Vivint.
Copyright 2022 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.