Health, retail, manufacturing and more: Job fairs set this week
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW?WAGT) - If you’re looking for a job, this is a good week to put in some applications at several job fairs and hiring events that are planned across the CSRA.
Here’s a look at some of them:
- The Aiken County school district is hosting a school food service hiring event. It will be from 1-4 p.m. Oct. 12 at Goodwill Job Connections, 1015 Pine Log Road, Suite C, in Aiken. The district offers paid time off, health and dental insurance, retirement plans and a set schedule. You can complete an application online at https://www.acpsd.net/ or complete one at the hiring event. If you have questions, contact Patrick Ott at 8030641-2428, ext. 12300.
- MAU Workforce Solutions will hold a hiring event for its team working at Rolls-Royce. It will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 12 at 1038 Sage Mill Parkway in Graniteville, where MAU will hold interviews for material handler, assembler, engine painter and test analysis associate positions with on-the-spot job offers provided to qualified candidates. All positions offer a starting pay of $15.32 per hour and can go up to $20.42 per hour based on experience. Bring a copy of your resume and two forms of identification, be prepared to submit to a background check and wear a face mask. If you’re unable to attend, you can visit www.mau.com/Aiken-Rolls-Royce-jobs to apply online.
- Doctors Hospital will hold a hiring event for experienced registered nurses and graduate nurses where job candidates can interview with the nursing directors and recruitment team. The event will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 12 at 3651 Wheeler Road in Augusta. Up to $10,000 sign-on bonuses will be offered for experienced RNs. Register inline at https://bit.ly/39OlslS.
- Each of Food Lion’s more than 1,100 stores, including several across the CSRA, will host walk-in open interviews Oct. 12 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Similar hiring events Food Lion hosted in July and August resulted in the hiring of more than 16,000 associates. The positions available vary by store; however, they may include a mix of full-time, part-time and seasonal positions in roles and departments across the store. The positions offer competitive wages and flexible scheduling opportunities. A list of all Food Lion locations can be found at foodlion.com/stores. Candidates unable to attend the hiring event and still interested in applying for a position at their local Food Lion can also visit foodlion.com/careers to view many of the available positions.
- On Oct. 13, Kroger’s Atlanta Division, which includes Georgia and South Carolina, will host its second nationwide hybrid hiring event, including virtual and on-site interviews, from 2-5 p.m. The division is seeking to hire 1,500 new associates and is hiring for all positions, including store management. With a variety of roles, Kroger has openings that meet flexible and change-oriented people leaders wherever they are in their career journey. To preview the available jobs and register for the hiring event, visit https://jobs.kroger.com.
- The Richmond County School System is looking for more people to work in local schools. The district will host a career fair Oct. 16, with hiring planned at all levels. It’ll be at the Richmond County Board of Education downtown on Broad Street from 9 a.m. to noon. There will be on-site interviews and hiring. To view the complete list of the openings, visit www.rcboe.info/Apply2RCSS.
- With the busy holiday shopping season right around the corner, Belk is hosting a hiring event from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 16 at all locations. The retailer is looking to hire more than 5,000 full-time, part-time and seasonal employees to fill sales, beauty and operational positions. COVID protocols such as social distancing will be in place during the event. Newly hired associates will receive competitive pay, flexible scheduling options, more than 10 employee double discount days during the holiday season and a 20% associate discount on all Belk purchases starting on day one. Interested candidates should be prepared for on-site interviews as Belk will be extending offers to qualified candidates on the spot. Previous retail experience is preferred but not required.
- Augusta National Golf Club has started accepting applications to work the 2022 Masters Tournament. They’re looking for people to work in concessions, merchandise, housekeeping and several other positions. They’ll accept applications through Dec. 6. You need to be able to work 10- to 12-hour shifts from April 2-10. You also have to be 16 years old by March 23. Apply by visiting jobs.masters.com.
- The North Augusta Department of Public Safety is looking to hire for several different positions. You can see the positions open at https://www.northaugusta.net. Salaries range from almost $10 an hour up to $20 an hour. Positions include firefighters, public safety officers, sanitation workers and more. You can submit an application by hitting the “apply” online button.
- Walmart is on the hunt for employees as the holidays approach. The retail giant said it’s planning to hire 150,000 new associates for stores across the United States. Most will be for permanent, full-time positions. Walmart has increased its pay to attract more employees during the labor shortage. The average hourly wage is now $16.40. Some positions pay as much as $34 an hour. Walmart previously announced it was looking to hire 20,000 warehouse employees.
Copyright 2021 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.