How to get a job with the Masters, plus other local opportunities
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) - Augusta National Golf Club will start accepting applications Wednesday to work the 2022 Masters Tournament.
They’re looking for people to work in concessions, merchandise, housekeeping and several other positions.
They’ll accept applications through Dec. 6.
You need to be able to work 10- to 12-hour shifts from April 2-10.
You also have to be 16 years old by March 23.
Apply by visiting jobs.masters.com.
Other job opportunities ...
- The North Augusta Department of Public Safety is looking to hire for several different positions. You can see the positions open at https://www.northaugusta.net. Salaries range from almost $10 an hour up to $20 an hour. Positions include firefighters, public safety officers, sanitation workers and more. You can submit an application by hitting the “apply” online button.
- The Aiken County school district is hosting a school food service hiring event. It will be from 1-4 p.m. Oct. 12 at Goodwill Job Connections, 1015 Pine Log Road, Suite C, in Aiken. The district offers paid time off, health and dental insurance, retirement plans and a set schedule. You can complete an application online at https://www.acpsd.net/ or complete one at the hiring event. If you have questions, contact Patrick Ott at 8030641-2428, ext. 12300.
- MAU Workforce Solutions will hold a hiring event for its team working at Rolls-Royce. It will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 12 at 1038 Sage Mill Parkway in Graniteville, where MAU will hold interviews for material handler, assembler, engine painter and test analysis associate positions with on-the-spot job offers provided to qualified candidates. All positions offer a starting pay of $15.32 per hour and can go up to $20.42 per hour based on experience. Bring a copy of your resume and two forms of identification, be prepared to submit to a background check and wear a face mask. If you’re unable to attend, you can visit www.mau.com/Aiken-Rolls-Royce-jobs to apply online.
- Doctors Hospital will hold a hiring event for experienced registered nurses and graduate nurses where job candidates can interview with the nursing directors and recruitment team. The event will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 12 at 3651 Wheeler Road in Augusta. Up to $10,000 sign-on bonuses will be offered for experienced RNs. Register inline at https://bit.ly/39OlslS.
- Each of Food Lion’s more than 1,100 stores, including several across the CSRA, will host walk-in open interviews Oct. 12 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Similar hiring events Food Lion hosted in July and August resulted in the hiring of more than 16,000 associates. The positions available vary by store; however, they may include a mix of full-time, part-time and seasonal positions in roles and departments across the store. The positions offer competitive wages and flexible scheduling opportunities. A list of all Food Lion locations can be found at foodlion.com/stores. Candidates unable to attend the hiring event and still interested in applying for a position at their local Food Lion can also visit foodlion.com/careers to view many of the available positions.
- The Richmond County School System is looking for more people to work in local schools. The district will host a career fair Oct. 16, with hiring planned at all levels. It’ll be at the Richmond County Board of Education downtown on Broad Street from 9 a.m. to noon. There will be on-site interviews and hiring.
- Walmart is on the hunt for employees as the holidays approach. The retail giant said it’s planning to hire 150,000 new associates for stores across the United States. Most will be for permanent, full-time positions. Walmart has increased its pay to attract more employees during the labor shortage. The average hourly wage is now $16.40. Some positions pay as much as $34 an hour. Walmart previously announced it was looking to hire 20,000 warehouse employees.
Copyright 2021 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.