Richmond County schools, others closed Thursday amid weather threat
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) - Due to the possibility of severe weather, education officials decided in an abundance of caution to close all Richmond County and Aiken County schools on Thursday.
So far, Columbia County schools only canceled outdoor activities for Wednesday. Parents and students should stand by for the possible cancellation of activities Thursday.
The following schools and/or districts will be learning from home Thursday:
- Allendale County
- Augusta Technical College
- Bamberg County District 1 and District 2
- Barnwell School District 45
- Bettis Preparatory Leadership Academy in Trenton
- Blackville School District 19
- Burke County
- Edgefield County
- Edmund Burke Academy
- Fox Creek High School in North Augusta
- Glascock County; after-school events and activities also canceled
- Jefferson County
- McCormick County
- McDuffie County
- Mead Hall Episcopal School
- Taliaferro County
- Warren County
- Washington County
- Westminster Schools of Augusta, sixth through 12th grades
- Williston School District 29
The Lincoln County and Screven County schools will be closed tomorrow without at-home learning.
The following schools will be closed Thursday without at-home learning:
- Briarwood Academy in Warrenton
- Burns Memorial Preschool in Augusta
- Curtis Baptist School and Preschool in Augusta
- First Baptist Augusta
- Savannah River Academy in Grovetown
- Westminster Schools of Augusta, pre-K through fifth grade
Download the WRDW Weather App
- If you don’t have it yet, download the WRDW Weather App on the Google or Apple app stores so you can stay up to date with this storm system and know exactly when it’s moving through your area. After you download it, click on the three lines at the top right and go to “settings.” You can pick which notifications to get, and pick your what your alert sounds like so you can make sure you get all of our updates.
Copyright 2021 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.