USC to host in-person commencement ceremonies
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - The University of South Carolina announced plans to host in-person commencement ceremonies at Williams-Brice Stadium in May.
The ceremonies for spring 2021 bachelor’s, master’s and professional degree candidates will take place on May 7 and 8. The university will also hold an in-person recognition ceremony for May and December 2020 graduates on May 15.
This marks the first occasion since the pandemic that commencement ceremonies will be held at Williams-Brice Stadium and each will feature appropriate COVID-19 safety protocols, including social distancing between guests and mandatory face coverings. Attendance will be limited to five guests per graduate.
“We made this decision in consultation with our public health experts, and each ceremony will be conducted with the proper risk mitigation measures to ensure the safety of our graduates and guests,” said UofSC President Bob Caslen.
More than 6,300 students will be graduating from the Columbia campus this May and more than 8,000 from the entire USC system.
The commencement schedule is as outlined:
- School of Medicine, Columbia and Greenville: virtual at noon
- Baccalaureate, Masters and Professional: Williams-Brice Stadium at 6 p.m. (rain or shine)
- Darla Moore School of Business
- Arnold School of Public Health
- School of Music
- Law School Ceremony: Horseshoe at 9 a.m.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s and Professional: Williams-Brice Stadium at 9:30 a.m. (rain or shine)
- South Carolina Honors College
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Information and Communications
- Baccalaureate, Masters and Professional #3: Williams-Brice Stadium at 6 p.m. (rain or shine)
- College of Education
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Engineering and Computing
- College of Social Work
- College of Nursing
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Palmetto College
- Doctoral: Koger Center at 1 p.m.
Copyright 2021 WIS. All rights reserved.