Two people safe after chimney fire in Beech Island
BEECH ISLAND, S.C. (WRDW/WAGT) - Firefighters responded to a residential structure fire late Tuesday at 284 Riverbend Drive in Beech Island.
After the fire was reported at 10:16 p.m., dispatchers said flames and smoke were visible when crews from the Beech Island Fire Department and Jackson Fire Department arrived.
The flames were blamed on a chimney fire. Two people were inside the single-story home at the time and got out safely. There was no word on any injuries.
The Silver Bluff Fire Department and Aiken County Sheriff Office also responded.
Copyright 2020 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.