Aiken sees second deadly shooting in two days
AIKEN, S.C. (WRDW/WAGT) - A wave of deadly rimes continued in the CSRA with a shooting Sunday that killed one person at the Palmetto Crossing Apartments on Sandlapper Drive in Aiken.
The Aiken County Coroner’s Office pronounced 34-year-old TyQuan Graham dead after he suffered at least one gunshot wound.
Aiken Department of Public Safety authorities say they found Graham unresponsive outside the complex when they arrived at the scene.
The entire apartment complex was blocked after the shooting that was reported at 7:32 p.m. Sunday.
A bloodhound tracking team was brought in, but no suspects were identified.
It came just a day after another deadly shooting in Aiken claimed the life of 30-year-old North Augusta resident Craig Youmans.
The shooting at the Seventh Lounge in the 1600 block of Richland Avenue East also injured several people just before 1 a.m. Saturday.
There’s clearly been an outbreak in deadly shootings across the CSRA in recent days. Among the crimes:
- Not long after the nightclub shooting on Saturday, 77-year-old Henrietta Creech was killed in a drive-by shooting at her home in the Barnwell.
- A shooting Nov. 23 claimed the lives of two men inside the Johnson Beauty and Barber Salon at 706 Eve St. in Augusta. Authorities are still trying to determine what led to the slayings in the Harrisburg neighborhood.
- A man was pronounced dead early Thanksgiving Day after being shot in the 3600 block of Byrd Road in Augusta.
- On Nov. 21, someone shot and killed an 18-year-old on Aiken Street in Augusta.
- On Nov. 24, a shooting at the Benson Estates Apartments left one person dead and injured another in Augusta.
Copyright 2020 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.