Advertisement

Despite rescue efforts, Clearwater house fire kills dog

Published: Oct. 28, 2020 at 8:23 PM EDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CLEARWATER, S.C. (WRDW/WAGT) - Flames engulfed the roof of a home at 225 Lee St. in Clearwater on Wednesday evening.

According to officials, Midland Valley firefighters responded to the report of a structure fire around 8 p.m.

Arriving firefighters found flames had fully engulfed the roof.

People inside were evacuated, with none suffering injuries.

Officials later confirmed a dog was found unresponsive inside the home. Rescuers performed CPR on the dog for about 15 minutes, but the fire chief said the dog died of smoke inhalation.

The fire chief says an attic fan could have started the fire.

Copyright 2020 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.