Doctors Hospital updates policy to allow limited visitation
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) - As Doctors Hospital starts to resume routine patient care services including procedures and surgeries, the hospital is revising the visitor policy to once again allow limited visitation.
- Entry points to the hospital will be limited to the emergency room, main entrance and wound center.
- All visitors must wear a mask, have their temperature taken, and sanitize their hands.
- Visitors must be at least 18 years of age.
- For most patients, visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and they will be allowed two visitors per patient.
- Surgical patients will be able to have one visitor who can remain in the surgery waiting room or main lobby.
- Women’s Center patients will be able to have two visitors. One visitor, deemed a support person, is permitted to accompany the patient. However, if the support person leaves the facility outside of visitation hours, they will not be allowed back in until regular visiting hours. One additional person is permitted during regular visiting hours.
- Emergency department patients will be able to have one visitor.
- Burn ICU visitation will be limited to 9-9:30 a.m., noon ro 1 p.m., 5-5:30 p.m. and 8:30-9:30 p.m.
- In certain cases, exceptions will be made based on the circumstances of the patient.
Patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 and patients under investigation will not be allowed visitors.
Copyright 2020 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.