Wave of violence continues with new shooting reported in Aiken County
MONETTA, S.C. (WRDW/WAGT) - A wave of violence continues in the CSRA, with the second report of a shooting within one day in the Aiken County area.
Dispatchers got a report around 10:20 a.m. today that a victim had been shot in the face and was at a Dollar General store at 5480 Columbia Highway in Monetta. When authorities arrived, the patient wasn’t there. They did, however, find a vehicle that reportedly had been shot.
Aiken County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Eric Abdullah said the victim was reportedly picked up by someone before first responders got there.
The shooting may have occurred elsewhere, according to Abdullah.
Around the same time as the shooting victim was reported, dispatchers received multiple reports of gunshots being fired from a white pickup on Old Shoals Road.
At about 11:15 a.m., Abdullah told News 12: “We are in the area of Old Shoals and Old Lane, looking for a possible scene.”
String of shootings shakes CSRA
It was the second local shooting of the day, the third within two days in the Aiken County area, and the latest in a flare-up of violence:
- A man was shot in the arm in a drive-by incident around 4 a.m. today at 517 Barnwell Ave. NE in the city of Aiken. Authorities said that after he’d stepped outside onto the front porch, a vehicle drove by and someone inside it fired three shots.
- Around 8 a.m. Tuesday, a male was shot in Aiken at a Circle K at 1011 E. Pine Log Road. Authorities today identified the suspect as Joseph Ryan Cincotta, 33, of Aiken, and said the shooting was the result of a dispute between motorists. Cincotta is being held in county jail on a charge of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature, according to jail records.
- A man has been arrested in connection with a Saturday double homicide in Graniteville followed by a pursuit and shoot-out with law enforcement officers. The suspect was identified Tuesday as Pete Finch, 49.
- Two suspects have been arrested as the Georgia Bureau of Investigation investigates three shootings in the past week in Wilkes County.
- A convenience store shooting in Warrenton has led to the arrest of a 24-year-old man after a GBI investigation.
Copyright 2020 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.