Officials confirm Mullins Crossing gas leak is contained and repaired
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) - After fire officials responded to a gas leak on Washington Rd on Friday, officials have confirmed that repairs have been completed.
Fire officials responded to Mullins Crossing on Washington Road around 1 p.m. Friday. A local business was evacuated as a result of a gas leak, the Columbia Fire Department says.
After investigating the leak, Atlanta Gas Light confirmed that a contractor working on a boring project unrelated to Atlanta Gas Light damaged a 2-inch natural gas main near the Mullins Crossing shopping center on Washington Road in Evans.
Atlanta Gas Light crews were on the scene working with first responders. The gas had been shut off, and officials were evaluating impacts to facilities. Altanta Gas Light has confirmed that repairs have finished and will restore any commercial customers who have lost gas service as quickly as safely possible.
Copyright 2020 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.