Mask mandates: Here’s what we know in Georgia and South Carolina
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) - Here is what our local areas have issued regarding mask mandates.
The state of Georgia does not have a mask mandate currently in place.
- Atlanta mayor clashes with the governor as Georgia expands beds
- Gov. Kemp’s office file lawsuit against city of Atlanta over mask mandate
- Over the weekend, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp called the mayor’s order unenforceable.
- Conflict arises over the mask mandate in Augusta and it could lead to legal action.
- Augusta mayor fires back at governor in battle over mask mandate.
- Officials battle over mask mandate causing riff of confusion over Georgia.
Other areas that have issued ordinances:
- Athens-Clarke County
- College Park
- East Point
The state of South Carolina does not have a mandatory mask ordinance in place.
Multiple areas of the state have issued ordinances. Find those here.
- After a 5 to 2 vote during the council meeting, the city of Aiken decided to officially pass an emergency mask ordinance. The City of Aiken recently passed an advisory resolution urging citizens to use masks, but it was quickly amended.
Copyright 2020 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.