Flooding in Jones Creek (Courtesy of Pam Tucker)
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga. (WRDW) -- Storms are bringing flooding to Columbia County Wednesday afternoon.
A flash flood warning was issued for Richmond and Columbia counties until 3:45 p.m.
Columbia County Emergency Management Director Pam Tucker shared the following reports of flooding:
- Biltmore Drive / Colonial Road
- 116 S. Belair Road
- Marshall / Harden
- Samarya / Columbia
- S. Belair Road at Wheeler Road
- Morehead Drive / Columbia Road
- Rockdale / Colonial Road
- Five driveways are washed out in the area of 4390 Shallowford Place in the Sedgefield Subdivision off of Columbia Road.
- There is a sinkhole in the roadway at 221 Biltmore Drive in the Westmont Subdivision.
- Three homes are flooded on Biltmore.
- The creek running alongside 4569 Rockdale Court is overflowing its banks and creeping up yard; almost in shed.
- Reed Creek Park is flooding and water continues to rise.
According to Tucker, here are the rainfall totals from the storm:
- Columbia County EOC (Evans Government Center) -- 0.60”
- Clarks Hill Water Utility (5776 Clarks Hill Road, Appling) -- 1.09”
- Little River Water Utility (1130 Maple Ridge Court, Evans) -- 0.70”
- Reed Creek Water Utility (578 Stevens Creek Rd, Martinez) -- 0.80”
- Point Comfort Water Utility (832 Point Comfort Road) -- 1.55”
- Ivy Falls Subdivision (Columbia Road) -- 2.43”
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.