CSRA College Night 2015
Thursday, Sept. 10, 2015, 5-8:30 p.m.
High school students will have an opportunity to meet recruiters from more than 140 colleges and universities. Juniors and seniors may register to win a $1,000 scholarship, 12 scholarships will be drawn this year at CSRA College Night to be held Thursday, Sept. 10, 2015, 5-8:30 p.m., at the James Brown Arena, Augusta, Ga. Admission is free and open to the public.
College Night provides a way for CSRA students and parents to:
- Obtain information on educational opportunities, admission requirements and tuition;
- Speak with representatives from various professional societies who will be on hand to provide information in areas such as engineering, management, chemical science and nuclear science;
- Attend seminars to get information about HOPE and LIFE scholarships, financial aid and essay writing for college admissions, time management, learning styles, scholarships and joint enrollment;
- Visit a counseling center that will be open throughout the evening where students and parents can seek advice about the college application process from high school advisors and admissions professionals; and
- Visit a career exploration area where students can discover their options after college. Students will be able to participate in a quick “card sort” interest inventory to validate their career choice.
For more information, visit the event web site at http://www.srs.gov, click on Outreach, then Education Outreach Programs, then CSRA College Night: http://www.srs.gov/general/outreach/edoutrch/coll_night.htm