- A year ago, almost to the day, Aiken's Brayton Sanders had his season cut short, celebrating a touchdown against South Aiken, he tore his ACL. So Friday's game was some redemption for Brayton. His redemption paid off in a win and our Academy Sports player of the week honors.
- It has been quite the year for former Pittsburgh Steeler great Jerome Bettis, and it seems to be only getting better. Today, the "bus", who was enshrined into the Football Hall of Fame, came a calling to Augusta for the second time this summer.
- Marcell Ozuna hit a two-run homer, Martin Prado and Jeff Mathis each had two RBIs and the Miami Marlins beat the reeling Atlanta Braves 8-3 to finish a three-game sweep on Wednesday.
- The Carolina Panthers have signed backup quarterback Derek Anderson to a two-year contract extension that will keep him with the team through the 2017 season, providing depth and experience behind Cam Newton.
- Sun Belt Conference officials say Coastal Carolina has accepted an invitation to join the league and in doing so will move its football program up to the Division I Football Bowl Subdivision by 2018.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.