- The Jaguars’ Peach Belt Conference Tournament hopes ended in the semifinals Saturday night in a double-overtime 96-87 loss to the Montevallo Falcons in the Frank G. Lumpkin Center. The meeting was the fifth-straight time the two teams met in the postseason.
- Patrick Reed had a 3-under 69 in tamer conditions Saturday at Doral to take a two-shot lead into a final round that will prominently feature Tiger Woods for the first time this year.
- The Paine College men’s basketball team lost to Fort Valley 64-61 in a tight semifinals matchup during the 2014 Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) Basketball Tournament in Birmingham, Ala., on March 7.
- Langston Hall and Anthony White Jr. scored 15 points each and Mercer earned its first NCAA tournament berth since 1985, beating top-seeded Florida Gulf Coast 68-60 in the Atlantic Sun Conference championship game on Sunday.
- Heisman Trophy winning running backs Rashaan Salaam of Colorado and Ricky Williams of Texas are among the stars making their first appearance on the College Football Hall of Fame ballot this year.