Friday March 8, 2013
MIAMI (AP) -- Brian Hartline's agent says the veteran receiver has agreed to terms on a five-year deal for nearly $31 million to remain with the Miami Dolphins.
Agent Drew Rosenhaus says Friday the contact includes $12.5 million guaranteed. Hartline would have become an unrestricted free agent Tuesday but wanted to remain with the team that drafted him in 2009.
Hartline led Miami last year with 74 receptions for 1,083 yards, both career highs, but caught only one touchdown pass. Hartline has 183 career receptions and six scores.
Landing a top receiver for quarterback Ryan Tannehill remains the Dolphins' No. 1 offseason priority. Their wideouts combined for only three touchdown catches in 2012.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.