** FILE ** In this July 16, 2007 file photo, golfer Seve Ballesteros, of Spain, announces his plans to retire, at Carnoustie golf course in Carnoustie, Scotland. Ballesteros was admitted to a hospital in Madrid, Spain Monday Oct. 6, 2008 after feeling dizzy and fainting. (AP Photo/Peter Morrison, File)
Wednesday Jan. 21, 2009
MADRID, Spain (AP) -- Seve Ballesteros says test results following his first course of chemotherapy are "quite good."
The 51-year-old Spanish golf great underwent a general health checkup at Madrid's La Paz hospital last week and will begin his second chemotherapy round Friday.
Ballesteros, who won five majors, said his patience was being tested by the long recovery following four operations to remove a cancerous brain tumor, but that he remained "very motivated" and was "working hard."
Ballesteros was admitted to the hospital Oct. 6 after fainting at Madrid's international airport before boarding a flight to Germany. He was finally released Dec. 9.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.