Curlin Estimated Sale Price, $20 Million

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Monday Nov. 17, 2008
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) -- A thoroughbred appraiser has set a $20 million value on reigning Horse of the Year Curlin and is recommending ownership be consolidated under primary owner Jess Jackson.

But attorneys for the horse's minority owners, William Gallion and Shirley Cunningham Jr., argued in court Monday that the value should be far higher.
Jackson owns an 80 percent share of the horse and has bid $4 million to buy out the remaining 20 percent. Thoroughbred consultant Ric Waldman said the bid represents fair market value and he is recommending that the sale be approved.
Circuit Judge Roger Crittenden could decide whether to approve
the sale at another hearing on Dec. 1.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 34594189 - wrdw.com/a?a=34594189