** FILE ** In this July 16, 2007 file photo, golfer Seve Ballesteros, of Spain, announces his plans to retire, at Carnoustie golf course in Carnoustie, Scotland. Ballesteros was admitted to a hospital in Madrid, Spain Monday Oct. 6, 2008 after feeling dizzy and fainting. (AP Photo/Peter Morrison, File)
Wednesday Oct. 15, 2008
MADRID, Spain (AP) -- Seve Ballesteros has undergone surgery to
remove a brain tumor. La Paz hospital said Wednesday that the operation took place Tuesday without complications.
A hospital spokeswoman said a sizable part of the tumor was
removed. It was not immediately known if the entire growth had been
taken out. The spokeswoman said it would be several days before the results were known.
The 51-year-old Ballesteros, winner of three British Opens and
two Masters, briefly lost consciousness and was admitted Oct. 6 to
hospital, where the tumor was discovered.
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.