October 15, 2008
MADRID, Spain (AP) -- Seve Ballesteros has undergone surgery to remove a brain tumor.
La Paz hospital said Wednesday that the operation took place Tuesday without complications.
A hospital spokeswoman said a sizable part of the tumor was removed. It was not immediately known if the entire growth had been taken out.
The spokeswoman said it would be several days before the results were known.
The 51-year-old Ballesteros, winner of three British Opens and two Masters, briefly lost consciousness and was admitted Oct. 6 to hospital, where the tumor was discovered.
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)