- Kenny Hill broke Johnny Manziel's single-game passing record with 511 yards and No. 21 Texas A&M beat No. 9 South Carolina 52-28 on Thursday night, ending the Gamecocks' 18-game home win streak.
- With all the noise Greenbrier made in the off season, you know they were chomping at the bit to have a big game right out of the gates. Well, they did. A big part of that success, senior running back Jamal Richard, who's our Academy Sports and Outdoors player of the week
- Laura Coble of Augusta wins the GSGA Senior Women's Championship at even-par 144 (71-73), four strokes ahead of Brenda Pictor of Marietta, who finished at 4-over-par 148 (72-76) for runner-up honors. The 17th annual competition was played at Big Canoe Golf Club, August 25-26.
- With the switch to the new four team playoff, there's little doubt at least one, if not more, one loss teams will be among the four. Well, after this week, Georgia or Clemson will have the pressures of winning out to be considered for that playoff.
- T.J. Yates made a strong case to be Atlanta's backup quarterback Thursday night, throwing for 243 yards and two touchdowns in a 24-14 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars in both teams' preseason finale.
- The Atlanta Braves have shut down left-hander Jonny Venters for the rest of the season after the reliever tore an elbow ligament while trying to come back from his second Tommy John surgery.
- Jason Heyward hit a leadoff home run off Zack Wheeler, Julio Teheran won his third straight start and the Atlanta Braves beat the New York Mets 3-2 Wednesday night to stop a three-game losing streak.
- Juan Lagares hit a two-run homer and ran down one ball after another in center field, sending Dillon Gee and the New York Mets to a 3-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Tuesday night.
- Tony Stewart will return to Sprint Cup competition Sunday night at Atlanta Motor Speedway, ending a three-race hiatus after his car struck and killed a fellow driver during a dirt-track race.
- NFL players will be subject to a six-week suspension for a first domestic violence offense and banishment from the league for a second under a new policy outlined by Commissioner Roger Goodell.
- Southern California cornerback Josh Shaw has admitted to lying to school officials about how he sprained his ankles last weekend, retracting his story about jumping off a balcony to save his drowning nephew.
- The New York Jets have suspended cornerback Dimitri Patterson for the rest of the preseason after he left the team last week for 48 hours without speaking to anyone in the organization.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Judi Tredore (803) 278-1212 ext. 3347
Station Contact Info:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903
Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561