Updated: 9:24 PM
- Being an elite athlete means very few off days, doesn't matter of it's holiday or not, there's usually work to be done. For Nicholas Torrance, boxing is his game, and he's been doing it since the age of five. Now, it's closer then ever to realizing a lifelong dream of being an Olympian.
- After the NABC coaches poll ranked the GRU Augusta men's basketball team No. 20 in the nation, the Jaguars came out Wednesday evening and hammered non-conference Valdosta State 92-61, in Christenberry Fieldhouse. It was the Jaguars (4-0) largest blowout of the season.
- It is good old fashion clean hate. Georgia and Georgia Tech week as the two programs meet for the 107th time. Yes, it dates back to the 19th century. Two teams this year, playing some pretty good ball.
- On Friday night, the Irish of Aquinas are back into the state quarterfinals. At home once again and it's a rematch with Tattnall Square, a team they just beat a couple of weeks ago. One reason, the play of Daniel Lindsey, who has a unique nickname.
- Due to an official protest by two South Carolina High School League member schools questioning the eligibility of a Bamberg-Ehrhardt High School varsity football player, the Class A- Division I football game (Bamberg-Ehrhardt High School versus Christ Church Episcopal High School) has been postponed until a future date.
- Clemson defensive end Vic Beasley has been named one of three finalists for the Chuck Bednarik Award. The honor goes each year to the top defensive player in college football and is presented by the Maxwell Football Club of Philadelphia.
- The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference has suspended 11 players from Norfolk State and 10 from South Carolina State for a sidelines-clearing brawl late in the schools' football game last Saturday.
- The top four teams in the College Football Playoff rankings are unchanged -- Alabama, Oregon, Florida State and Mississippi State -- heading into a weekend when just about all the contenders are facing challenging rivals.
- The Red Sox have finalized their five-year contract with third baseman Pablo Sandoval, the first of two big signings aimed at boosting Boston's offense after a last-place finish in the AL East.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Judi Tredore (803) 278-1212 ext. 3347
Station Contact Info:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903
Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561