- Former Paine guard Kenny Fluellen has signed a contract with BG-Karlsruhe to play professional basketball in Karlsruhe, Germany. The team plays in the Basketball Bundesliga’s ProB German basketball league.
- Several CSRA athletes are going for gold at the AAU track and field Junior Olympics. Two competitors from Aiken stand out in every way, but their size. Maybe smaller in stature, they've got a passion for shot put outweighing the rest.
Posted: 4:20 PM
- The Mercer University football team was picked seventh in the eight-team Southern Conference, as the league released its 2014 Preseason Media Poll during Wednesday’s Media Day in Spartanburg.
- Jacob Turner allowed two runs in his bid for a permanent return to Miami's rotation and the Marlins knocked Mike Minor out of the game early in their 6-5 win over the Atlanta Braves on Tuesday night.
- Georgia Tech football student-athletes Anthony Autry, Darius Commissiong and Travin Henry have been dismissed from the program, while Lynn Griffin has been suspended for the first two games of the 2014 season, due to violations of the Athletic Association’s student-athlete code of conduct.
- Jameis Winston would rather look to the season ahead as the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback for reigning national champion Florida State. He also knows he has to answer questions about his off-field conduct.