Posted: 3:54 PM
- Former Paine guard Kenny Fluellen has signed a contract with BG-Karlsruhe to play professional basketball in Karlsruhe, Germany. The team plays in the Basketball Bundesliga’s ProB German basketball league.
- Several CSRA athletes are going for gold at the AAU track and field Junior Olympics. Two competitors from Aiken stand out in every way, but their size. Maybe smaller in stature, they've got a passion for shot put outweighing the rest.
- GRU Augusta men’s golf head coach Jack O’Keefe is pleased to announce incoming freshman John Yi, as the most recent signee to the Jaguar Golf program who will compete in the 2014-15 season.
- The Augusta GreenJackets announced today that Bill Heaton will be this year’s second inductee into the GreenJackets Hall of Fame. Heatons’ induction will place him amongst previous inductees Stan Swann, Tim Wakefield and Pablo Sandoval.
- The boats you saw and heard on the Savannah River for the Southern Nationals have packed up and moved on to the next site. yet, there's one driver with a legacy, following him at every stop of the circuit.
Posted: 5:13 PM
- Georgia Tech football student-athletes Anthony Autry, Darius Commissiong and Travin Henry have been dismissed from the program, while Lynn Griffin has been suspended for the first two games of the 2014 season, due to violations of the Athletic Association’s student-athlete code of conduct.
- Tommy La Stella drove in three runs and Chris Johnson hit a two-run homer to back a strong start by Alex Wood and help the Atlanta Braves beat the Philadelphia Phillies 8-2 Sunday.
- Jameis Winston would rather look to the season ahead as the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback for reigning national champion Florida State. He also knows he has to answer questions about his off-field conduct.