- The GRU Augusta women’s volleyball team made their first NCAA Tournament appearance in the first round of the Division II Southeast Regional Thursday night and won a 3-2 match over the Anderson Trojans in the Cuddy Arena on the campus of Wingate University in Wingate, N.C. The set scores were (25-23, 27-25, 22-25, 23-25, 15-13).
- What a run it's been for Aquinas football. Wasn't that long ago they were an after thought on the gridiron. But now, defending state champs and riding a 24 game win streak as they start the playoffs. Don't look for these guys to slow down anytime soon.
- The University of South Carolina Aiken volleyball team lost a hard-fought 3-0 match against Carson-Newman in the first round of the NCAA Tournament Thursday morning. Set scores were 24-26, 27-29, 23-25.
- The GRU Augusta men’s basketball team stormed out to a 9-0 lead on Wednesday night and never looked back to defeat Coastal Georgia 79-59 in a non-conference game in Christenberry Fieldhouse for Health Center Credit Union night.
- Clemson freshman Donte Grantham called time out when the Tigers didn't have any and Jarvis Davis made two late free throws to capitalize and give Gardner-Webb a 72-70 victory in the first round of the Paradise Jam on Friday.
- Sindarius Thornwell scored 13 of his 14 points in the opening half as South Carolina built a double-digit lead and rolled to 69-45 victory over Cornell to close the opening round of the Charleston Classic on Thursday night.
- Hendrick Motorsports and Kasey Kahne have agreed to a three-year contract extension that will keep the driver with the No. 5 Chevrolet SS team through the 2018 NASCAR Sprint Cup season.
- The NBA has suspended Charlotte Hornets forward Jeffery Taylor for 24 games without pay after he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence assault and malicious destruction of hotel property last month.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Judi Tredore (803) 278-1212 ext. 3347
Station Contact Info:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903
Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561