Posted: 4:48 PM
- Harlem was one of the biggest surprise teams from a year ago. Jimmie Lewis and the Bulldogs went out and won six games with a big senior class leading the charge. This year, they'll have their work cut out if they want to get there again.
- When Heath Corley got to Ridge Spring Monetta, it was a program in a tailspin. Not easy to quickly turn things around. Last year they made leaps and bounds and now the can do attitude has been instilled with the kids.
- For 11 games last year Washington Wilkes did everything right. Outscoring teams by miles and everything clicking. Then, stone cold routed in the playoffs. Oh did that leave a bad taste in the Tiger mouths.
- It's the life after Donquell era at Burke County. Gone is star Mr. Do-Everything Donquell Green. Is coach Eric Parker concerned, yes, is he pretty confident his team can still win a bunch, you bet. Just may take a few games to get everyone where they need to be.
- They could be one of the more interesting teams to watch this year, the Patriots of Westside. Coming off a playoff season, the team has a new coach, but fully expect to get back to the post season.
- Jason Heyward and Andrelton Simmons homered to begin a six-run first inning, and the Atlanta Braves beat the sliding Pittsburgh Pirates 7-3 on Monday night for their fourth consecutive victory.
- Justin Upton hit a two-run homer, Chris Johnson also went deep and the Atlanta Braves beat Jon Lester and the reeling Oakland Athletics 4-3 on Sunday night, ending Lester's seven-game winning streak.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Judi Tredore (803) 278-1212 ext. 3347
Station Contact Info:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903
Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561