Augusta hotel housekeeper, guest talked with parents of missing 9-week-old FL infant
- Investigators in Sarasota County, Florida say Joseph Walsh and Kristen Bury are charged with child neglect. News 12 spoke to a woman who says the mom tried to sell her baby clothes during her Augusta visit.
New park in Hilton Head will have replica of ship sailed by Capt. William Hilton
- A new $20 million park will have a replica of the ship sailed by the British captain for whom Hilton Head Island is named.
Motorcyclist being treated for severe burns after his bike catches fire at Atlanta gas station
- Authorities say a motorcyclist is being treated for severe burns after fire engulfed his bike at a gas station in Atlanta.
1 dead, 3 wounded in university shooting in Ariz.
- Officials say one person is dead and three others are wounded following an early morning shooting at Northern Arizona University.
MARTA police offer safety service to protect fearful patrons
- Metro Atlanta's transit system is launching a service to ensure patrons get home safely.
Baby missing in Florida; parents charged with child neglect
- Detectives in Florida say they're trying to figure out the whereabouts of a 9-week-old baby as his parents are being held in a jail in South Carolina awaiting extradition on child neglect charges.
Homeland Security chief to visit flooded South Carolina
- Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson plans to travel to South Carolina today to get a first-hand look at the flood damage days of rain caused.
In Oregon visit, Obama will find grief but also resentment
- President Barack Obama plans to meet privately today with the families of the victims of last week's mass shooting at an Oregon community college.
McCarthy withdraws candidacy for speaker
- House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy has withdrawn from the contest for speaker of the U.S. House, saying, "We need a new face."
Retail strategist says downtown Augusta is ahead of most US cities on the rebound
- The Downtown Development Authority is being praised with bringing in over a dozen new restaurants and retail stores to downtown Augusta in the past year. They've hired a retail strategist who says there will be more.
Augusta EMA says contractor documents are in place in case of a disaster
- Richmond County found out the hard way after the ice storm, but now they say they are prepared.
UPDATE: Police - alcohol involved in stabbing of airman who stopped France train
- Airman 1st Class Spencer Stone, who was hailed as a hero for helping to tackle a gunman and thwart a terror attack on a French train in August, was stabbed in California and was in stable condition, an Air Force spokesman said Thursday.
UPDATE| Augusta doctor, wife plead guilty in bribery case
- The Augusta doctor accused of attempting to bribe a DEA Agent, has officially closed up shop.
Nikki Haley: flooding in some parts of SC will continue
- South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is urging residents of Georgetown and other coastal areas to evacuate ahead of flooding that is expected as storm water flows down swollen rivers toward the coast.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines