Authorities looking for missing teenager
Updated: 4:51 PM
- They say his friends last saw him running across from the Cross Creek High School side of the field to the visitor's side of the field then disappeared behind the bleachers.
Travel magazine rates Charleston No. 2 in world
Posted: 12:07 PM
- And, for the fourth straight year, Charleston has been named the top travel destination in the United States by the magazine's readers. The travel publication unveiled its annual Readers Choice Awards on Monday.
South Carolina State Fair attracts nearly 475,000
Posted: 10:12 AM
- General Manager Gary Goodman said he's pleased with the Pink Fair that emphasized breast cancer awareness.
Man dies in police custody during breath test
Updated: 6:59 AM
- The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is probing the death of a 60-year-old man who died in police custody in northeast Georgia.
Facebook warns drug agency over fake profiles
- In a letter Friday to DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart, Facebook's chief security officer, Joe Sullivan, says law enforcement agencies are held to the same community standards as civilian users. Those standards include bans on fake profiles.
Georgia Gov. Deal forming Ebola response team
- Atlanta city officials have also asked department heads for plans and preventative strategies on Ebola and other diseases.
Spartanburg officer charged with on-duty DUI
- Spartanburg Police say Canada had been with the agency for 11 years. He is on administrative leave as the state Highway Patrol investigates the crash.
Cops: Remains may be those of missing UVa. student
- Thousands of volunteers had searched for the 18-year-old Graham in the weeks since her disappearance. Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., 32, has been charged with abduction with intent to defile Graham.
First US Ebola victim remembered for compassion
- Duncan's neighbors in Liberia believe he was infected by helping a pregnant neighbor who later died from Ebola.
More than 100 monitored for Ebola symptoms in Ohio
- State officials previously said 16 people Amber Vinson had contact with were being monitored. Officials say the sharp increase is a result of the identification of airline passengers who flew with Vinson between Dallas and Cleveland and the identification of people who also visited the dress shop where her bridesmaids were trying on dresses.
UN now training Ebola survivors to help with care
- Sarah Crowe has been back in New York for a week after five weeks in West Africa, and she began her briefing by announcing her current body temperature and holding up a bottle of hand sanitizer.
CDC: Nurse with Ebola said she felt funny in Ohio
- Officials say they're monitoring the health of 16 people in northeast Ohio who had contact with 29-year-old Amber Vinson.
Sen. Scott, Texas Gov. Perry call for travel ban due to Ebola
- Congressional Republicans are urging the Obama administration to impose a travel ban on West African countries at the epicenter of the Ebola outbreak.
1st Dallas nurse with Ebola in fair condition
- Pham arrived shortly before midnight Thursday at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines