GA medical center giving free take-home drug tests
Updated: 7:00 AM
- Officials from the Atlanta Medical Center say they're giving parents take-home drug tests as part of a back-to-school substance abuse prevention program.
36 SC stores suspended from lottery sales
- Armstrong says the stores have received a letter about the suspension. About 4,000 businesses in South Carolina sell lottery tickets.
SLED chief: Keep agents' access to death records
- Panel members also discussed another recent court decision that public meetings don't have to have a list of topics to be discussed -- and if they do have an agenda, it can be changed during a meeting.
UPS expects to hire up to 95,000 seasonal workers
- Last year, a last-minute surge in holiday shipments drove up the shipper's costs and hurt its profits.
Lawmakers work to finish up authorization for Syria rebel training
- That reflects a congressional divide between those seeking tougher action than proposed by President Barack Obama, and lawmakers who are weary from more than a decade of U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Atlanta airport resumes normal operations
- Details about the device and potential flight delays weren't immediately available.
Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's short list
- He says these four groups showed a strong vision and best met the board's criteria.
NASA inspector blasts asteroid protection program
- Most of these objects harmlessly disintegrate before reaching Earth's surface. But there are exceptions, like the nearly 60-foot meteor that exploded over Russia in 2013, causing considerable damage.
Obama launching campus sexual assault campaign
- Presidential aides say research shows that men are often reluctant to speak out against violence against women because they believe other men accept it.
2 arrested in fatal shooting over game system
- Momon says a fight erupted over the system and the girl eventually fired a gun. Authorities say the bullet traveled through Vivian's hand and into Zeitz's chest.
Vietnam soldiers receive Medal of Honor
- The Medal of Honor is given to Armed Forces members who risk their lives in acts of great personal bravery.
SLED: Conway armored car driver stole $89,750
- Agents say Kittle worked for Loomis and took $89,750 in cash out of deposit bags on his armored car route from Aug. 18 through Sept. 2.
Pope to marry couples with kids, cohabitating
- He'll marry 20 couples this weekend, including some who already live together and those with children, technically a sin in the eyes of the church.
Authorities in Pennsylvania searching for trooper's killer
- Pennsylvania State Police say they're still looking for the person or persons who shot two state troopers outside their barracks last night, killing one and wounding the other.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines