Before big game, Clemson, Carolina fans run for good cause
Posted: 10:41 PM
- Before their teams face off on the gridiron this weekend, Clemson and South Carolina fans are teaming up for a good cause.
SC shoppers latest to pay taxes on Amazon sales
Posted: 10:19 PM
- A sales-tax break the Legislature gave Amazon in 2011 expires Jan. 1, making South Carolina the last state to collect among those where officials cut similar deals with the online retail giant.
Savannah church fire investigated as possible arson
Posted: 10:15 PM
- Savannah fire officials say a blaze that damaged a church is being investigated as a possible arson.
Man shot, wounded at gun range
Posted: 10:13 PM
- Authorities say a Georgia man was seriously wounded at a northeast Florida shooting range.
White House undergoes holiday lockdown after man jumps fence
- A man draped in an American flag climbed over the fence at the White House on Thursday, prompting a lockdown as the first family celebrated Thanksgiving.
It's the most wonderful time of the year...and the deadliest: Holiday fire safety tips for the CSRA
- Cooler weather means the start of house fire season. Thousands of fires happen every winter, killing more than 500 people a year nationwide.
City leaders want to see development along Gordon Highway
- As the Ft. Gordon area continues to grow and more people are traveling down Gordon Highway into downtown Augusta the mayor and commissioners want to see more development in this area.
Downtown Augusta businesses want you to buy local
- The DDA says one way to promote all downtown businesses in one clear way could benefit downtown.
Clerical error causes delay for extended bus service hours in 2016
- Stephen says a clerical error in the 2015 budget has him looking for 700,000 dollars to keep the buses running through the end of this year.
Christmas tree lighting tonight in Wilkes County
- If you just can't wait until after Thanksgiving to start thinking about Christmas, we have you covered if you want to make the trip out to Wilkes County.
Rebel spokesman says Russian pilot dead after warplane was shot down
- A spokesman for the rebel group that captured a Russian pilot whose plane was shot down over northwestern Syria says he was dead upon landing.
Man runs over his own leg while trying to steal a beer truck
- Columbus police say a man has been hospitalized after stealing a beer truck and then running himself over as he tried to elude police.
Deadly 'kissing bug' looks similar to a more common, harmless bug
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says a deadly insect known as the "kissing bug" has made its way to Georgia.
Arrests made in rape and murder of a former SC pastor's wife
- Investigators arrested three people in connection to the rape and murder of a former South Carolina pastor's wife, according to the police.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines