A Christmas Picture Tile (left) and a Christmas Elf are fun gifts you and your child can make together. (Henry's Corner)
1) Christmas 2010 Picture Tile
- 5x5" tile from hardware store, any light color
- Mod Podge (a glue-like liquid available at craft stores)
- paint brush
- 4x6 photo (you can cut it into a cute shape)
- Paint a coat of Mod Podge across the tile, all in one direction.
- Place the photo in the center of the tile.
- Paint another coat of Mod Podge over the tile and picture.
- Wait for the Mod Podge to dry, then paint a final coat.
- After the tile is dry (about 15 minutes), use the Sharpie to write a message such as "Merry Christmas" and the year.
You can display the tile using a plate stand.
- Tile: ~$0.88
- Mod Podge: $6.00
2) Christmas Elf
- Photo of child
- Red construction paper
- Green construction paper
- Popsicle stick
- Cut out the child's head from the photo.
- Cut out the shape of an elf hat from one color of construction paper.
- Cut out the shape of an elf shirt from the other color of construction paper.
- Glue the photo onto the top of the popsicle stick.
- Glue the hat and shirt onto the photo so it appears the child is wearing them.
- Line the hat and shirt with glue and sprinkle glitter on top.