Time Trial Course Map (Courtesy of the Augusta Sports Council)
Criterium Course Map (Courtesy of the Augusta Sports Council)
Thursday, June 14, 2012
AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Traffic could be affected next week as the USA Cycling National Championships come to Augusta.
The following information is from the Augusta Sports Council.
Wednesday, June 20:
Races will be held at Fort Gordon, with race traffic entering through Gate 1. Traffic will be heaviest between 6 and 10 a.m.
Thursday, June 21:
The Time Trial Championships will be at J. Strom Thurmond Dam.
The following roads will be closed:
- Clarks Hill Road (SC-28 to Washington Road) from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. If you want to use US-221 from Pollards Corner to McCormick, S.C., you will be detoured along State Route 47 to Lincolnton and on to McCormick.
- SR-150 (Washington Road to Ray Owens Road) will be closed from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Traffic will be detoured along Ray Owens Road.
- The intersection at Pollards Corner (Washington Road and US-221) will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Traffic will be detoured via US-221, Yelton Road, Ray Owens Road and Washington Road.
During the time trials, the following parks will be affected:
- Clarks Hill Park in McCormick County, S.C., will be closed.
- West Dam and Lake Springs in Columbia County, Ga., will be closed.
- Petersburg Campground will remain open but will be limited to patrons.
For any questions concerning these Corps of Engineers recreation areas, call Chief Ranger Chrissy Westerberg at (864) 333-1121.
Friday, June 22:
The National Criterium Championships will be in downtown Augusta.
The following roads/lanes will be closed:
- Eastbound lane of Broad Street (8th Street to 10th Street) from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Westbound lane of Greene Street (8th Street to 11th Street) from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- 8th Street (Greene to Broad Street)
- 9th Street (Greene to Broad Street)
- 10th Street (Greene to Broad Street)
- 11th Street (Greene to Ellis Street)
- Ellis Street will be open to traffic, but will be directed by Richmond County deputies. You can access Ellis Street through its intersection with 8th Street.
No parking on the following streets after 5 a.m.:
- Eastbound Broad Street (8th to 10th Street)
- Westbound Greene Street (8th to 11th Street)
- Ellis Street (8th to 11th Street)
- 8th Street (Broad to Greene Street)
- 9th Street (Broad to Greene Street)
- 10th Street (Broad to Greene Street)
- 11th Street (Broad to Greene Street)
Saturday, June 23, and Sunday, June 24:
The final day of racing will be at the Major Matthew P. Burke, M.D. Championship Course on Range Road. Race traffic will enter Fort Gordon at Gate 1.
For more information or to view detailed course maps, contact the Augusta Sports Council at (706) 722-8326 or visit AugustaSportsCouncil.org.