Thursday, Nov. 1, 2012
AUGUSTA, Ga. -- The Richmond County Health Department has announced dates for tuberculosis testing and reading at Butler High School.
Here is the testing and reading schedule:
- Testing will take place Monday through Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- TB tests placed on Monday will be read on Wednesday.
- TB tests placed on Tuesday will be read on Thursday.
- TB tests placed on Wednesday will be read on Friday
- TB reading will take place Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
If a student is not tested during this time, they can go to the Health Department at 950 Laney Walker Boulevard between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Wednesday starting Nov. 12.
The scare started earlier this month when a student was believed to have contracted TB. Since then, students who have had contact with the student have been tested. Originally, only a smaller circle of students were tested, but testing was opened up to all students after students outside of the believed infected group had positive test results.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.